[extropy-chat] anthropogenic-climate-change skeptics in Oz

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 00:15:48 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/11/26/1101219743320.html?oneclick=true

> Most scientists say that global warming is not only real, but is
> already contributing to extreme droughts, floods and the melting
> of the polar ice caps.

Only if you count social scientists, pottery scientists, acting
scientists, violin scientists, political scientists, and any other
scientist that knows absolutely nothing about climatology. Even among
those who do, such, such as those below attending this meeting, say
that it is at least mostly natural, if not entirely so.

> But a few scientists still insist the idea is bunk. With the Kyoto
> Protocol about to come into force, Melissa Fyfe investigates the
> doubters, their financial backers and whether they are worth
> listening to.

Ah, the technique of character assasination. The men who gathered at
this meeting do not insist that it is bunk, they insist that the idea
that it is caused by mankind to be bunk. Two entirely different
conclusions. But I am not surprised that a journalist would bait and
switch like that...

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)