[extropy-chat] Atheists launch inquisition...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 21:04:19 UTC 2004

--- Gennady Ra <anyservice at cris.crimea.ua> wrote:

> >From The OED on CD-ROM (the complete text of the 20-volume Second
> Edition) presented by a friend from FIU, sans formatting, alas:
>
> atheism  Also 6 athisme.
> [a. F. atheisme (16th c. in Littre), f. Gr. .....: see atheal and
> -ism. Cf. It. atheismo and the earlier atheonism.]
> Disbelief in, or denial of, the existence of a God. Also, Disregard
> of duty to God, godlessness (practical atheism).

Thank you, Gennady, for proving my point. So, it is now proven that
atheism is based upon a belief in an impossible proof, ergo it is a
religion.

Now, back to the original point: atheists rewriting history to keep out
references to god. This is therefore clearly a violation of the
principle of separation of church and state for atheists to be forcing
references to god out of the public record, in the service of their
faith of disbelief in the existence of god.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)