[extropy-chat] Re: Intelligent Design and Irriducible Complexity

Kevin Freels megaquark at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:00:48 UTC 2004

> 2. By Darwin, all structures must over any long time be useful for
survival
> or they gradually vanish. What is the survival advantage of having God?

According to Darwin, yes, but I am not so sure about that. I am working on a
way to show that some structures can persist with no advantage on occasion
as long as there is no selection pressure against. This is very unlikely,
but surely it is possible. I've already been able to demonstrate that
through random chance, a characteristic that is actually harmful can form
and become "normal" in a population. I am writing a paper on it as we speak.