[extropy-chat] Re: Fwd: Manditory draft for your child?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 15:39:20 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Another somewhat-apparent aspect is that the enemy is
> not 100% culpable. It is a myth Germany was seeking
> revenge for the Versailles treaty; Germany had
> recovered from Versailles by 1939. The critical cause
> of WWII was Germany being trapped between Stalin's
> genocidal communism in the east, and ultra-capitalism
> in the west. The Germans overreacted yet they were
> under severe pressure and didn't know what to do so
> they went totalist.

This is the most blinkered apologia I've seen for Naziism in quite a
while. Yup, it was that 'ultra-capitalism' that drove them to it,
folks. Better not be an 'ultra-capitalist', some fascist bastard with
adequacy issues might genocide on you, and it would be all your fault.

> Our current enemy is extremely
> reactionary but this is also partially overreacting to
> an undoubted imperialist tendency on our part.

Many doubts, sorry. Free trade is not imperialism. Promoting liberty is
not imperialism. Brinksmanship to oppose global communism is not
imperialism. Sounds like someone just returned from a 5th ComIntern congress.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)