[extropy-chat] Re: Intelligent Design and Irriducible Complexity

Hal Finney hal at finney.org
Fri Oct 1 16:32:11 UTC 2004

Gennady Ra writes:
> Creation began when one of the aeons accidentally created the  "Rulers,"
> powerful angels who fell from the Pleroma and built  a  first  heaven
> underneath  it. These angels created another  heaven  beneath  them,
> populated by yet more Rulers; creation  proceeded  apace until soon there
> were 365 heavens, one inside the other, each succeeding layer filled with
> beings completely unaware of all those above them.
>
> The  Rulers  who  control the lowest heaven (the one most Christians  know
> about) made the Earth and everything on it; their leader Yahweh impersonates
> "God" in the Old Testament.

That's a cute story.  But from the Extropian perspective it is not over.
The next step is clearly for us to create universes below our own,
in the form of computer simulations which we will preside over as gods.
Then the inhabitants of those universes would themselves eventually create
their own sub-universes, and so on forever.

Hal