[extropy-chat] Fwd: Manditory draft for your child?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:31:27 UTC 2004

Spike,

With all due respect we must act as if this bill is quite real.
Theories that it may not be must be weighed against the considerable
cost to all of us if this bill is implemented.   I have no doubt that
both Bush and Kerry will in fact push for a draft.  Both parties have
made some noise about all Americans owing some part of the most
formative years of their lives to the nation.   To reword, the State
believes it owns the lives of its citizens for its own purposes.  This
bill also removes college education as being important enough (beyond
age 20 at least) to cause any deferrment.  How many young wonderful
minds that are our future will we let the state spend on whatever it
wishes?

I urge everyone to oppose this in the strongest terms possible.  Amara
is right.  It is damn dark, crazy and scary out there.    Lay the
cynicism aside and shine some friggin light.

- samantha