[extropy-chat] SPACESHIP ONE WINS $10 Million Ansari X Prise

Matus matus at matus1976.com
Tue Oct 5 01:53:53 UTC 2004

> MOJAVE DESERT, California (CNN) -- SpaceShipOne climbed into space for
the
> second time in a week to claim the $10 million Ansari X Prize.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/10/04/spaceshipone.attempt.cnn/index.
ht
> ml
>

> This is special for me too because I know Spacecraft designer Burt
Rutan
> and have been to his home and hanger in Mojave.
>
> A Toast to our Future in Space!
>
> Natasha

You don't have to know him for this to be a spectacular event!  To any
extropian this is wonderful news.  This is the guy who brought us home
built aircraft, give him ten, fifteen years and we will have home built
spacecraft, woo hoo!

Michael