[extropy-chat] alt dot fair dice

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 9 05:53:33 UTC 2004

I had an idea.  Back in the 70s we had a toy called
the superball.  I don't know if they are still available
but I don't see why they wouldn't be.  They were made
of a special high-elasticity rubber that would rebound
about 80% or more each bounce.

I think I can carve one of those to any shape with
a razor blade.  If I can estimate the proper shape by
a monte carlo simulation we could try to carve a
pyramid shaped die.  I might take a ride over to
ToysRUs tomorrow.

Anyone with kids here know if superballs are still
with us?