[extropy-chat] alt dot fair dice

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 13:33:51 UTC 2004

--- KPJ <kpj at sics.se> wrote:

> It appears as if Hal Finney <hal at finney.org> wrote:
> |
> |That's very interesting.  I remember watching people play Dungeons
> |and Dragons when I was a kid, using many different kinds of fancy
> |polyhedral dice.  I think they were all regular polyhedra, though.
>
> I happen to have a kit of those there.  Let's see...
>
>   1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d12, 2d10, 1d20

BTW: I found a Palm application that simulates 4,6, 8, 10, 12, 20, and
100 sided dice. It is called "Dice Man". It is by Bits 'n Bolts
Software, and can be found at http://www.bitsnbolts.com as freeware.
Have fun! You might contact them about allowing the user to create any
sided die they need. This might be accomplished by adding a division
modifier to the plus and minus. Then you could divide the d10 by two
and get a 5d simulated.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)