[extropy-chat] alt dot fair dice

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Sat Oct 9 17:47:24 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote:

 > BTW: I found a Palm application that simulates 4,6, 8, 10, 12,
 > 20, and 100 sided dice. It is called "Dice Man". It is by Bits
 > 'n Bolts Software, and can be found at http://www.bitsnbolts.com
 > as freeware.  Have fun! You might contact them about allowing
 > the user to create any sided die they need. This might be
 > accomplished by adding a division modifier to the plus and minus.
 > Then you could divide the d10 by two and get a 5d simulated.

I use DicePro from Rival Game Labs
(http://www.rivalgamelabs.com/dicepro.htm).  It lets you save multiple
pre-set  combinations of dice.  in addition to the d4-d100 listed above,
you can make any intermediate integer number of sides, averaging dice
(233445), as well as specialty dice for several specific games.  You can
also add modifiers (2d6+3, best 2 out of 3d8).  There's an amazing
variety of stuff there.

Chris
--
C. J. Cherryh, "Invader", on why we visit very old buildings:
       "A sense of age, of profound truths.  Respect for something
hibbert at mydruthers.com
http://mydruthers.com