[extropy-chat] if Hillary had killed a boyfriend...

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 06:09:31 UTC 2004

> Trend Ologist
> Subject: [extropy-chat] if Hillary had killed a boyfriend...
>
> All through the '90s Hillary would never have been
> allowed to forget it if she had been involved in a
> fatal accident; she'd never have been elected senator...

Ja.  I doubt Laura Bush could be elected to the senate.
Of course she isn't actually running for any public office
and is not trying to "fix" our medical system.

> To this day 'Ted Kennedy' implies "Chappaquiddick"...

This one has puzzled me for some time.  I googled the
story about the Chappaquiddick incident, and read what
some of those involved said about it.  Clearly the
young Kennedy was driving drunk at the time of the
accident, but didn't alert the authorities until several
hours later, giving him time to sober up and his passenger
time to drown in the overturned car.  Today that would
carry a charge of vehicular manslaughter.  With that on
his record, how did he ever manage to win an election?