[extropy-chat] defending life?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 13:18:10 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Mike,
> I understand your qualms concerning Kerry, and why
> libertarians want to vote for Badnarik.
> Bush appears to defend death rather than life, he
> worries about fetuses & killing embryos in a petrie
> dish, but he's killed thousands of civilians in Iraq?
> He has executed dozens in Texas? Bush has a
> microscopic definition of what defensible life is.

If you lack a moral compass that allows you to distinguish, try this
one on for size: the unborn are innocent. Murderers, islamofascists,
and terrorists are not. Is he being excessively pedantic about cells in
a petri dish? Probably. He is not, however, being pedantic about the
wrongness of government funding such activity with the money of
taxpayers who are morally opposed to it.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)