[extropy-chat] Moore, Morford, Doonesbury & Dawkings

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 15:30:11 UTC 2004

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/10/01/notes100104.DTL

> It reminds of something I saw last week.
>
> Please do the following exercise.
>
> In the state of Florida, color the counties of the 2000 presidential
> election, of the counties that voted for Gore, and those which voted
> for Bush. Then, when done, plot the path of the three hurricanes;
> Ivan, Charley, and Frances...
>
> It's not perfect, but notice that the hurricanes tended to ram
> through the Bush counties, and for the most part avoided the
> Gore counties.

By a very tortured and fabricated plot of Frances. Hurricanse do not
follow multipl S curves on land (one might call it a "W" curve...;)).
Nor did the eye come ashore at Palm Beach county like that depicted,
though it was close. Try to check the facts scientifically.

Now, I found this postcard to be rather entertaining:

http://tinyurl.com/5lyzl

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)