[extropy-chat] POLL: Principles of Extropy

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Mon Oct 11 21:08:13 UTC 2004

It's hard to argue with Hal's ordering.  I had to shuffle the list in
order to find out what I'd do starting from scratch.  Turns out that I
swapped 2 & 3, and moved intelligent technology down two positions.
Minor differences.

My rationale:  I value critical thinking about objectives above all.  My
secondary domain is pancrit.org to reflect that value.  I spend some of
my free time trying to figure out how to create a real money Idea
Futures market, because I think it will promote clear thinking about
policy alternatives.  The open society has proven itself to be the only
known mechanism that allows people who disagree to peacefully live
together in an advancing society.  It only works when individuals are
free to direct their own lives and choose their own future.  Our
advancing technology will continue to give everyone more choices over time.

1 Rational Thinking
2 Open Society
3 Self-Direction
4 Self Transformation
5 Perpetual Progress
6 Intelligent Technology
7 Practical Optimism

Chris
--
Currently reading: Ward & Brownlee, Rare Earth: Why Complex Life
     Is Uncommon in the Universe; Iain M. Banks, Look to Windward;

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
http://mydruthers.com