[extropy-chat] re: Science in K-12 Education

Amara Graps amara.graps at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:18:47 UTC 2004

Nicholas Anthony MacDonald:

>Mainly because scientific education in the K-12 years is abysmal.
>Science classes bore all but a few hard-core nerds to tears, quickly
>chasing them into service industry jobs, business, the arts,

And then they arrive in my class ... the disillusioned, the bored, the
severely-math-challenged ... the curious, the fun-seeking, the
I-can-take-the-world-by-the-tail, liberal arts youngsters who choose my
Astronomy 100 class for their only Science class in their four years of
university.

Wanna join?   :-)

The next semester starts January 24.

Amara

(from last semester)
http://www.amara.com/astro100/astro100syllabus.html

--
Amara Graps, PhD     www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it