[extropy-chat] POLL: Principles of Extropy

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 13 17:42:07 UTC 2004

As in Genetic Programming, the recombinant stage..... ;)

And, may I add a version of the 'lost principle'

7. Intelligent Self Organization - Creating situations which self organize
combined with intelligent and compassionate oversight incorporating the
other Principles.

>1. Unbound Progress - Regulation and restraint upon the development,
>expansion, and survival of humanity is tantamount to murder or
>genocide.
>
>2. Self-Production (combines 3 & 4) - That the individual has ultimate
>control over their own standards and practices of direction,
>transformation, reproduction, and state of existence. No outside entity
>may override these save to prevent them from infringing on the
>standards and practices of other individuals.
>
>3. Consilient Intelligence - The merging of intelligent technologies
>and intelligent biologies, within open and free markets.
>
>4. Open Privacy - Every individual sentient has ultimate command over
>what degree to which they are exposed to and influential upon, the rest
>of society. The more influence an individual has upon, or seeks to have
>upon, society, the more incumbent it is for them to operate with an
>'open hands' policy.
>
>5. Diligent Optimism - An attitude of optimism which allows no
>oxymoronic cynicist restraints of "pragmatism" or "practicality" but is
>guided by an eye to that which is most diligently effective toward the
>acheivement of the other Principles.
>
>6- Reasoned Intelligence - Reasoned thought outweighs rationalizations,
>excuses, and faulty or circular logic. Proper reasoning does not self
>contradict itself or objective reality.
>=====
>Mike Lorrey

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =