[extropy-chat] Presidential Debates

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Oct 14 12:40:41 UTC 2004

On 14 Oct 2004, at 05:55, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> Tennessee Democrats are putting up posters of a kid with a Bush face
> running on a track, with the caption, "Voting for Bush is like running
> in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded."
> Possibly one of the most vile things I've seen this election.

Mike:

What's your point? That some democratic supporters are vile? No contest
there, but the same is true of Republican supporters. Just go to Google
and type in "special olympics" plus "john kerry" and you'll get lots of
pro-bush sites saying equally vile things. Should we get equally mad
about those vile bush voters, or should we just dismiss them as nasty
wackos that have nothing to do with Bush's campaign?

best, patrick