[extropy-chat] Presidential Debates

ARTILLO at comcast.net ARTILLO at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 14:05:44 UTC 2004

> Other election news:
> Tennessee Democrats are putting up posters of a kid with a Bush face
> running on a track, with the caption, "Voting for Bush is like running
> in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded."
> Possibly one of the most vile things I've seen this election.

I certainly didn't think it was *vile*, in fact when I read that I laughed my a$$ off, as it was one of the funniest things that I've seen to come out of this election year yet! I also thought it was pretty funny when Kerry was compared to Herman Munster in the Jib-Jab cartoon, and the multitude of songs that were made out of Dean's YEAAAGHHH scream!

I sincerely hope that our sense of humor is not completely killed off by such a volatile election year! If we can't laugh at how ridiculous the political climate has become over the years, then what CAN we laugh about?

There are so so many things that I think are *vile* about this election year and American politics in general that it would take up a lot of bandwidth, and a lot of it has already been discussed here ad infinitum so I will spare the list the nuances of my laundry list for now!

Arti