[extropy-chat] Hedonism? Why or why not?

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 04:35:03 UTC 2004

Madison's influence isn't all that well known in
America, but we can see and hear its effects every day
we tune into the political world outside our
neighborhoods. The much deplored polarized atmosphere
of today's politics is what Madison wanted.
Now there's nothing sacred or pleasant about our
jungle politics. But to anyone reared in America it
becomes part of the make-up, conscious & unconscious.
It has been that way for around 210 years, which means
about, what? Eight generations?
 I bring this up because when you ask the mythical
'average person' to mention the names of those who
have affected America the most, you hear: "Jesus";
"Washington"; "Lincoln"; "Adam Smith", etc.