[extropy-chat] Hedonism? Why or why not? Was (John C. Wright finds god)

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 07:29:37 UTC 2004

When young I lived a full life, always with people,
now I spend most of the time alone.  When one is
nineteen, one has fire in the belly, later on it turns
to acid reflux, so slowing down is option #1; option
#2 is continuing on as if one were young. I chose #1
and feel much better, no more nagging 'significant
other', grasping family, bad friends. I have a few
good friends, but I wasn't able to make friends with
them until after getting the others out of my life--
that is, after choosing option #1.  Just because one
is active & lives a full life when young does not mean
it has to continue indefinitely.
 Some fellows spend their whole lives getting women
into bed, some fellows reach a point where they want
to keep women out of their bed so they can watch
football videos.