[extropy-chat] now here is craftiness...

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 15:48:55 UTC 2004

Jeb Bush said today he wont run for President in 2008.
"That's not my interest". "I want to finish my term"
(as Florida's governor). Bush said he wont make a
decision concerning his future until his term ends.
His term ends in January 2006, over one year and nine
months before the Presidential election of 2008. And
he makes this announcement fifteen days before the
current election?
It is true the detractors of his brother, the
President, are being unfair, Dubya is not stupid, he
graduated from Yale, later received his MBA from
Harvard. Yet Dubya does wish to get his family in
power, there is no question about it...neither are his
relations reluctant to comply. Barbara Bush has even
said, "all america must be run by a Bush".
Now, it's not illegal, there is no law against
nepotism. But geez Louise, what more evidence do we
need that the Bush family are pushing to the limit our
tacit tolerance of nepotism? More importantly: what
more evidence do we need that many Bush family
members, perhaps virtually the entire family, are
power-addicts?