[extropy-chat] the culture of force & matter & ur

scerir scerir at libero.it
Tue Oct 19 14:49:46 UTC 2004

> Is unmatter just a philosophical
> idea or it's also accepted by scientists?
> Walter.

More or less like the "Ur-theory"
by von Weizsaecker (pupil of W. Heisenberg,
co-inventor of 'EPR' effect and of the 'delayed
choice' measurement).

The 'Unmatter' is just a joke (I hope). The Ur-theory
was, more or less, the QIT, the quantum information
theory, that is to say something new, a dual
theory, not just measurement-knowledge-
Copenhagen, not just physical states, but
both.

In QIT, quantum information, according to
Horodecki^3, is indeed carried by a quantum
system and that the wave function is the image
of this information. The former cannot be
described on paper, or by means of a sequence
of classical symbols on the tape of a Turing
machine, but the wave function can be. Thus,
we would say that quantum information does exist;
yet it is not just the wave function, but it is
represented by it.

Horodecki^3
http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd48-1.html
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0410090

Ur-theory, by Carl Friedrich Freiherr
von Weizsaecker
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9611048
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0309183
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0212084

Carl Friedrich Freiherr von Weizsaecker:

'Classical physics has been superseded by
quantum theory. Quantum theory is verified
by experiments. Experiments must be described
in terms of classical physics.'

'Nature is earlier than man,
but man is earlier than natural science.'