[extropy-chat] re: Gullible

Amara Graps amara.graps at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 21:02:02 UTC 2004

My Roget's International Thesaurus, Fourth edition, Thomas Crowell Co.,
1977, pg. 994 gives two related words for gullible: credulous, and
foolable. I think the latter sounds silly and I don't think credulous is
the proper meaning. However the foolable is closer to the meaning, so
then going with foolable, we see:

foolable, befollable, gullible, naive, artless, inexperienced, green.

None, with the exception of gullible, is the proper meaning. So, then,
if you find the replacement word, I am interested to know about it.
Meanwhile, I guess I will continue to use gullible.

Amara

--
Amara Graps, PhD     www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it