[extropy-chat] now here is craftiness...

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 21:59:30 UTC 2004

I lived in Vermont for three years, and have visited all over Massachusetts, the rednecks in both states are not nearly as ornery as the ones I met down South.
 The Beans of Maine are rednecks, certainly, but they wont beat one unless provoked. Down in Dixie you can be battered without even trying at all. No sir, Mike, I spent enough time in both North & South to know that the white trash in Dixie are trashier than the ones up North if you include the willingness to use fists and booted feet to quick result.

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Trend Ologist wrote:

> I didn't mean Texans are more stupid than others in
> red states (which opens another can of worms) I meant
> bubba in the generic, not Texas sense.
> Sophisticated in America is Massachusetts & Vermont...

OH PLEASE. You've evidently never been to western Massachusetts, or
even to Southie. Typical tourist, thinks that Mass is all like
Cambridge, the Vineyard, and Bunker Hill, while Vermont is all like
Woodstock or Burlington. Gimme a break. Vermont produces some of the
biggest rednecks in the world, as does western Mass. Ever seen "Man
with a Plan"?

=====
Mike Lorrey
-William Pitt (1759-1806)