[extropy-chat] My talk on the Proactionary Principle in Austin, Thursday Oct 21

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Oct 19 23:10:28 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

Since the ExI-Tex list may not reach everyone who might be in or near
Austin this Thursday, I'm posting this notice here:

I'd like to let anyone in the Austin area know about a talk I'm giving on
Thursday to the Austin chapter of the World Futurist Society.

The Proactionary Principle
The Central Texas Chapter of the World Future Society will hold its next
monthly meeting on October 21, 2004. It will be held at the meeting room of
the Iron Cactus, 10001 Stonelake Blvd. (527-8890) at 6:00 p.m.

Our speaker will be Max More. His talk is entitled "The Proactionary
Principle: Assessing Technology Impacts Objectively, Comprehensively and
Responsibly."

Agenda

6:00 - 6:30 Networking and Order Dinner

6:30 - 6:45 Announcements - Bob Kelley

6:45 - 7:00 Topical Discussion: Alternative Energy Systems - Bob Kelley

7:00 - 7:30 Dinner

7:30 - 8:30 Evening Speaker: The Proactionary Principle: Assessing
Technology Impacts Objectively, Comprehensively and Responsibly - Max More

8:30 - 9:00 Discussion

Price for dinner and program is $15 per person, cash or checks only. Price
includes dinner (four-item menu selection) and drink. (Make checks payable
to CenTexWFS.) Alcoholic beverage can be purchased separately from server.

The meeting room is at the back of the restaurant on the far right. Seating
is limited so please reserve your place by going to
<file://www.glocalvantage.com/CenTexWFS/Register.html>www.glocalvantage.com/CenTexWFS/Register.html
or by sending an e-mail to Paul Schumann
(<mailto:ctwfs at glocalvantage.com>ctwfs at glocalvantage.com).

For more information about the Central Texas Chapter of the World Future
Society, visit
<http://postsnet.com/r.html?c=376418&r=375852&t=360863840&l=1&d=85551855&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eCenTexWFS%2eorg&g=0&f=85551864>www.CenTexWFS.org

Max

Max More, Ph.D.