[extropy-chat] the culture of force & matter & ur

scerir scerir at libero.it
Wed Oct 20 07:02:27 UTC 2004

[Walter]
> Do you believe in PK (Psychokinesis)?

No. But, i.e., I stopped my watch, for few seconds.
I was young. And gullible.

> If yes, which theory in physics can explain
> these phenomena (how a mind could move some
> external physical objects w/o contacts) best?

The 'nonlocal' exchange of some conserved,
gauge invariant quantity, has been established,
i.e. in the Bohm-Aharonov interference
(nonlocal quantum potential interference)
http://rugth30.phys.rug.nl/quantummechanics/ab.htm

But in PK the 'nonlocal' exchange would
involve quantities that seem to be (in PK)
not conserved. Momentum, energy, information,
etc.

So you need, imo, more than a point-to-point
'nonlocality'. You need a space-time which knows
what happens in an entire fibre, and a fundamental
level which is (?) a-temporal and a-spatial.