[extropy-chat] Happy Thursday

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Oct 21 15:09:34 UTC 2004

Now one autumn morning when the wind had blown all  the leaves  off
the trees in the night, and was trying to blow the branches off,
Pooh and Piglet were sitting in the Thoughtful Spot and wondering.

"What I think," said Pooh, "is I think we'll go to Pooh Corner and
see Eeyore, because perhaps his house has been blown down, and
perhaps he'd like us to build it again."

"What  I  think," said Piglet, "is I think we'll go and see
Christopher Robin, only he won't be there, so we can't."

"Let's go and see everybody," said Pooh. "Because  when you've  been
walking in the wind for miles, and you suddenly go into somebody's
house, and he says, 'Hallo, Pooh,  you're  just in time for a little
smackerel of something,' and you are, then it's what I call a
Friendly Day."

Piglet  thought  that  they  ought to have a Reason for going to see
everybody, like Looking for Small or Organizing an Expotition, if
Pooh could think of something

Pooh could.

"We'll go because it's Thursday," he said,  "and  we'll go to wish
everybody a Very Happy Thursday. Come on, Piglet."

They  got  up;  and  when  Piglet  had  sat down again, because he
didn't know the wind was so  strong,  and  had  been helped  up by
Pooh, they started off. They went to Pooh's house first, and luckily
Pooh was at home just as they got there,  so he  asked  them in, and
they had some, and then they went on to Kanga's house, holding on to
each other,  and  shouting  "Isn't it?"  and  "What?"  and "I can't
hear." By the time they got to Kanga's house they were so buffeted
that they stayed to  lunch. Just at first it seemed rather cold
outside afterwards, so they pushed on to Rabbit's as quickly as they
could.

"We've  come  to  wish you a Very Happy Thursday," said Pooh, when
he had gone in and out once or twice  just  to  make sure that he
could get  out again.

"Why,  what's  going  to  happen  on  Thursday?"  asked Rabbit, and
when Pooh had explained, and Rabbit, whose life was made up of
Important Things, said,  "Oh,  I  thought you'd  really  come  about
something," they sat down for a little . . . and by-and-by Pooh and
Piglet went on again. The wind was behind them now, so they didn't
have to shout.

         "Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.

         "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."

         "And he has Brain."

         "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."

         There was a long silence.

         "I  suppose,"  said  Pooh,  "that  that's  why he never
		understands anything."

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/