[extropy-chat] slaveholders got their just desserts

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 05:41:08 UTC 2004

Scab labor? Since when did libertarians oppose scab
labor?

> cheerleaders.
> Northern industrialists needed cheap scab labor to
> combat the nascent
> labor movement.

Humans can only be deemed 'property' by a degraded
consciousness.

> the validity of court orders
> issued by a court in
> another state, including writs for return of
> property.

The South did have legitimate gripes, so did Nazi
Germany. In fact I think Germany was more pressured
than the Confederacy, Germany was squeezed between
Stalinism and the West. The Confederates could have
been left alone as they desired to be if they hadn't
attacked Fort Sumter. It is true later on Slavery
would have died by the lack of new slaves being
'imported' (as you might say), but that's the breaks.
It was utter foolishness for slaveholders to think
slavery would go on indefinitely. Though the South as
a whole didn't deserve the war, the slaveholders got
what was coming to them, their own bible imformed
them, "he who leads another into captivity will be
made captive himself".