[extropy-chat] Constitution Restoration Act will effectively transform the United States...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 15:55:53 UTC 2004

>From the Act:
"In interpreting and applying the Constitution of the United States, a
court of the United States may not rely upon any constitution, law,
administrative rule, Executive order, directive, policy, judicial
decision, or any other action of any foreign state or international
organization or agency, other than the constitutional law and English
common law."

This essentially will prevent any court in the US from using anything
besides the Common Law and our own previous constitutional precedents.
The only thing that concerns me about this is that it may interpret the
constitutions of the 50 states as being those of foreign states, since
prior Supreme Court rulings have stated that the states are foreign to
the US.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)