[extropy-chat] Creating a transhumanist consulting firm

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 06:15:25 UTC 2004

Hi Brett,
yes, and no.
For small projects (think of a scaled up version of Google Answers
where the payment for info is a few thousands rather than a few
hundred bucks) it is quite easy to receive payment with PayPal, and
taxes depend on where who receives the payment (the company or the
consultant directly)  is based.
But I think we should also focus on large projects for large firms and
the public administration. Such clients are quite backward, and they
really do need a company with corporate stationery, a street address
and a bank account not located in a tax heaven. For such projects the
company would receive the payment via normal channels, then pay the
individual partners as appropriate.
G.