[extropy-chat] IRAQ: Weapons pipeline to Syria

Stephen Van_Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Fri Oct 29 22:57:26 UTC 2004

Fair enough.  Certainly a well credentialed bunch.

Forgive me, though, if I am a little skeptical of a
study based on surveys and statistical extrapolation.
They may well be right, but I'm going to need a little
more before I believe it whole-heartedly.

I'm not sure the sarcasm was called for.  *I* never
called anyone commie Islamists, and certainly not the
Lancet.  Though perhaps it is the habit of people
using "scare quotes" to minimize or ridicule.  I just
was trying to make clear that I was using your own
word.  If I caused a misunderstanding I apologize.

steve

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/29/1099028208196.html?oneclick=true