[extropy-chat] Heinlein and thinking for yourself

Stephen Van_Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 31 01:59:49 UTC 2004

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Doesn't matter. Your comments do not fit the excuse
> making that Damien
> states. What you are saying is that productive
> people owe a living to
> the unproductive or else, period.

That isn't what was said.  What I got out of it was
that it can be in the interests of the productive to
sometimes support the unproductive.  Not right, but
expedient.

Of course, that doesn't work in the long run, but it
is a long enough run that the people who start down
this road are usually all long dead when it all falls
apart.