[extropy-chat] glat test

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 16:41:20 UTC 2004

> Adrian Tymes
> >
> > (ie  = 1/(1/2+1/2+1/5+1/5 ....))
>
> Like I said, it was according to another post.  I
> didn't check said other post's math.  The point is
> that the result is less than two, and both square root
> of two and any value less than 1 make that assertion
> correct.

Adrian is right.  I set up the simplified case
with seven resistors making a kind of figure 8,
then generated five linearly independent equations
the old fashioned way, two node equations and
three loop equations, solved them with no computers
or anything.  I was such a primitive savage.  The
Req came out to 1.4.

I figure if I do the same with another row outside
of that, generate twelve loop equations and six
node equations, Ill solve it using Matlab.  The
answer has to be lower than 1.4 and greater than 1
(I think).