[extropy-chat] more moore

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 1 06:32:29 UTC 2004

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:18:04 -0700, Spike wrote:
> > Wooohooo!  The party is not over!  {8-]  s
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS/08/29/intel.chips.ap/index.html

> AMD seems to be plugging away producing new chips while Intel is still
> redesigning.   See:

<http://www.reed-electronics.com/ednmag/article/CA449652?industryid=2204
3>

>Besides, who needs faster chips anyway?
>(Apart from Doom3 gamers, that is ;)  BillK

Math geeks.  Giant prime number searchers.  Microsloth
users.  Matlab users.  SETI at homers.  Protein folders.
When it comes to speed, more Moore is *always* better, and
will be for the foreseeable.  spike

ps This is cool tho, I have been cheering for AMD for a
long time, not just because they are my neighbors.  Always
give the big guy some tough competition, so he will be
all that he can be.  Competition helps everyone excel.  s