[extropy-chat] the extropy list isn't actually dead

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Sep 1 14:44:25 UTC 2004

At 04:02 PM 9/1/04 +1000, dude wrote:

>hey dude.  i recently signed up for the extropy lailing list cos i am
>doing a school assignment on it. i was basically told find out what you
>can about extropy and extropians, and present it to the class. now i have
>no idea what any of this stuff means. so, if you  have the time,do you
>think you could email a bit of an explanation, and recomend some readings
>in relation to it?

If you hang around this list for a while you will discover intriguing ideas
about the future, new technologies, application of technologies, social
issues, concerns about the world and our place in it, and a few jokes and
off the wall topics here and there.

If you want to learn more about the philosophy of Extropy, go to the
website at http://www.extropy.org and read the material there, especially
the Principles of Extropy.

If you would like to know how we are planning to deal with some of the Big
issues concerning our future and extropian transhumanists, then read about
the Proactionary Principle as a standard or measure for addressing a smart
balance between caution and progress.

Welcome to the list,

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More