[extropy-chat] SPACE: Will Frances destroy the remainingthreeshuttles?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 04:35:30 UTC 2004

One reason Cape Canaveral is so attractive as a launch
facility is that there is a large continental shelf that
extends way east from shore, so that if a cat 5 comes in there,
it loses some of its punch before it makes landfall.  So
goes the story.  Guess we shall see this weekend eh?  {8-]

I can see where a storm surge would cause some major
consternation however.