[extropy-chat] The most "dangerous" idea

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Sep 2 09:49:26 UTC 2004

Us vs Them develops when there are such difference between the groups
that there is little mutual understanding and when there are
conflicting needs or agendas.  One such conflict is when one or both
groups sees the other as a threat that must be eliminated.   In
transhumanist terms those without various levels of augmentation/life
extension/intelligence enhancement and so on will consider those who do
have it as deadly vastly more competitive threats UNLESS the technology
is either available to all or seen as seriously improving everyone's
lifes and well-being at a very concrete level.

Just saying we won't have US vs Them because we will not think in such
terms does not make it so.

- s