[extropy-chat] SETI: First radio signal from alien

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 22:58:24 UTC 2004

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> If you can see them, why are they not here?

Well considering they are 1000 LY away, Marconi's
transtlantic radio broadcast won't reach them for 900
more years, even if they had the tech to pick up such
a ridiculously weak signal. So maybe we found them
before they found us.

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."