Why bet only imaginary money?(wasRe:[extropy-chat]SETI:Firstradio signal from alien)

Alejandro Dubrovsky alito at organicrobot.com
Sat Sep 4 09:03:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 17:58 +1000, Brett Paatsch wrote:
> Alejandro Dubrovsky wrote:
>
> [Spike]
> > > This is such an obvious idea, it is inconceivable that
> > > it hasn't already been done.  We concluded at the time,
> > > about 4 yrs ago, that someone somewhere was already
> > > running a real money IFX.  Then one of our absent ExIers
> > > posted me offlist asking if I wanted to join a real
> > > money IFX.  I was busy with a graduate class at the time
> > > so I declined, and never got back with it.
> > >
> > > Whoever is running a real money IFX or knows who is doing
> > > so, please contact Brett offline and invite him to join,
> > > thanks.
> >
> > Hasn't foresight been running an IFX (Robin's original) with real money
> > for about a decade now? (i could be mistaken in at least three counts on
> > that sentence though)
>
> Last I looked between 18 months and 6 months ago (when both Hal and
> Harvey were posting here about it), then I checked and the money bid
> wasn't real.

I didn't mean the public www.ideosphere.com, but a private version run
for Senior Associates only.  I am sure that i was sure at some point
that it existed, but i can't find links to it anywhere, although i've
found enough hints in old (but not very old (sept 2001) foresight update
issues not to force me to accept it was completely a figment of my
imagination yet.
Of course, this isn't much good to you, but you could check with the
foresight institute.

alejandro