[extropy-chat] Gmail invites available

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:35:09 UTC 2004

Personally, I was thinking of writing some software to use a gmail
account as an offsite backup. My thinking was along the lines of using
POP3 and SMTP to communicate, using something like "Pop goes the
gmail" to get pop access to the account (SMTP too? there must be a
way), and writing a nice gui thing to sit on top and do hotsyncing
with a local folder, similar to PDA hotsyncing. After all, these
accounts are 1gb (each), and they are backed up by google.

Does something like that interest anyone?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *