[extropy-chat] Sterling, Wired, and the Singularity

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Sep 10 04:15:00 UTC 2004

 "KPJ" <kpj at sics.se>

> Simply remote control a robot to make the robot say "I am conscious".

I would expect more so that behavior wouldn't be enough to convince me
it was conscious, but your mileage may vary. You have acted in a more
sophisticated way than this very simple robot so I'm more convinced
that you are conscious, but of course, I can never know for sure. I've
never met you so I don't even know for certain that you are made of
meat.

John K Clark   jonkc at att.net