[extropy-chat] [Pigdog] Fwd: Extropian Trash

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 10 15:41:51 UTC 2004

Hi Gina,

I sent you a private response with just a couple of comments.  I think that
the most important thing is to not take this personally.  (Spoken from
someone who has been through this more than once.)

Second, if you provide accurate, meaningful facts, just a few will set her
straight and show her that yellow-dog journalism is a cope-out for her
profession.

Here is one fact:  Extropy Institute's Board consistes of 6 members, 4 of
whom as not American citizens (Canada, Venezuela, Sweden and England make
up the board)  Greg Burch lives in Houston and my home has been Telluride,
Colorado (well, New York originally).

Second, most membership of ExI is outside Califonria and in fact, is global.

Drop a few names.  For example:

1.)I HATE THE extropians.

Then you must hate Eric Drexler, father of nanotechnology; Marvin Minsky,
father of artificial intelligence; Ray Kurzweil, noted innovator and award
winning inventor; Christine Peterson, founder of Foresight Institute;
Pamela Lifton-Zoline, founder of the Telluride Institute; and Roy Walford,
world-reknown scientist and author, just to name a few.

If you keep your rebuttal short and factual, then she will read it.  If you
respond emotionally she will toss it in the trash.

By the way, I wonder where she did get her erroneous information?  Another
reason why transhumanists have a responsibility to author their FAQs
accurately and not publically badmouth each other.  I hope we all can work
toward this and stop others who are doing it in their tracks.

My best to all,
Natasha