[extropy-chat] "ExtropianTrash"-philosophy for a post-modernworldVS JW's]

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 14:35:10 UTC 2004

Those who convince themselves that religion and the religious are
purely or to a person irrational are themselves reaching irrational and
unsupported conclusions. Your atheism is as much an irrational religion
as the faith you left.

There are plenty of people who are completely rational in their daily
lives, yet are religious about that which is unexplained and
unexplainable. That you never were able to make the leap to that level
of mature spirituality is not the problem of those who were able to do
so.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/SongUnid/01E838D97B93BC78482569120002EB6B

> Zero
>
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:57:07 -0500, Extropian Agroforestry Ventures
> Inc. <megao at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > Seeding the concept of transhumanism in existing religeons might be
> > dangerous
> > thought but given the concept of "group loyalty" most religeons
> hold,
> > once established , it could certainly spread like wildfire?

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)