[extropy-chat] self-defense concerns

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 13 14:49:56 UTC 2004

John wrote:

"I was just recently physically assaulted in my workplace (I work in the
hospitality field) and today scoured the net
for a good self-defense training DVD.  I was not sure what would be best
for my needs, since I do not want to kill or
maim an out of control person, but simply repel/put them down with a
minimum of harm done if I have no other choice."

John, my suggestion is to press charges, now.

Please do not be intimidated. There are many types of aggressor/victim
relationships and they are not all between a man assaulting his partner or
a woman assaulting her partner, or parents assaulting their children.  If
you play victim in this "relationship" then you may fall into the category
of a person allowing this to happen because you are shamed, scared or
eventually in denial that it ever happened.

No one has the right to physically attack you and you do have a
responsibility to yourself to protect yourself from any further attacks.

Natasha