[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 17 20:52:54 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>  Why doesn't America start a long term program to
> build an android for president? We could vote on
> what
> we want president android to look like and how to
> speak. Program the android to tell the truth. Build
> the android to be a combination of all races and to
> have no gender. The android should have a term limit
> chip implanted in its brain so it wont try to be
> re-elected.

Because people would be super-afraid - with good
reason - that the few people who actually build the
android would heavily bias it towards their own
ideals, thus screwing the rest of Americans where they
disagree with the builders.  Guidelines to prevent
this could be passed for major issues (like race and
gender, as you mention), but this is impractical at
best for covering every minor issue.

And that's ignoring the whole "AIs are not human"
issue.