A view on cryonics (was Re: [extropy-chat] Bad Forecasts!)

Slawomir Paliwoda velvethum at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:06:01 UTC 2004

> > I would also be interested in hearing how you deal with many-worlds
> theory,
> > under which "you" are constantly branching into different volumes of
> > quantum configuration space, even as you remain in what an observer in a
> > certain exactly right frame of reference would deem to be the "same"
> > spatial location.
>
> I will leave this one for Slawomir, I don't regard many-worlds theory as
> something that needs to be accomodated or is worth accomodating.

My view on this, which seems not all that different from yours, is, if
nobody can present an argument showing that objective verification of
identity is impossible in *this* universe without resorting to other
universes, then, perhaps there might be a point in investigating what would
happen to identity viewed from the alternative perspectives. We're not there
yet, I don't think. :)

Slawomir