A view on cryonics (was Re: [extropy-chat] Bad Forecasts!)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Sep 19 18:18:04 UTC 2004

"Slawomir Paliwoda" <velvethum at hotmail.com>

> I'm talking about the trajectories of everything that
> contributes to emergence of mind.

So you’re talking about the path through space-time of everything that made
my mind what it is today, that would include all the atoms that have ever
made up my body (they all get recycled every year or so) and all the atoms
that made things I have ever touched, and all the photons I have ever
encountered including photons from a photograph made from other photons from
of a galaxy 11 billion light years away; and it would include all the people
I have ever met or even heard of and all the atoms and photons they have
ever encountered.

I think a map of such a trajectory might be a tad confusing because
referring to absolutely everything is equivalent to referring to
absolutely nothing.

  John K Clark     jonkc at att.net