[extropy-chat] A Fully Autonomous Robot Builds Its Own Brain and Learns from Scratch

Erik Starck es at popido.com
Mon Sep 20 06:06:29 UTC 2004

At 07:52 2004-09-20 Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:
>Zero Powers wrote:
>>Holy moly!  Is this for real?!?
>
>Let me put it this way:  I'm not panicking, and I strive to panic very easily.

Is this Stephen Thaler-guy for real? I've been reading about his creativity
machines before, but his home page looks like your average cult leaders':
http://www.imagination-engines.com/index.htm

His idea? Neural nets with noise. Gillette, GE and Boeing are appearantly
buying his services. Should I be impressed?

Erik