[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Mon Sep 20 23:53:28 UTC 2004

Adrian Tymes wrote:

>Whether or not this should be the case is another
>story.  But it's been well established that intent
>alone is insufficient.  (Granted, there have been
>prosecutions based on the most minimal of deeds.  If
>you could find some deed to charge him on, you might
>have a case.  What you have cited here is not actually
>illegal behavior.

Conspiracy is a felony, whether the crime is committed or not. Curiously,
conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony.

Also, if I fire a gun I think is loaded but isn't, or shoot a corpse I
thought was still alive, I can be found guilty of attempted murder
(assuming the other elements are present).

-- David Lubkin.