[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Tue Sep 21 08:48:26 UTC 2004

On Sep 18, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> --- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I was being sarcastic in the first post, I'm a grumpy
>> middle-aged man.
>> Anyway, Kerry fought a WAR, shouldn't nationalistic
>> rightwingers like him? Real men don't eat quiche, they
>> hide a plastic explosive inside it.
>
> Nope. Kerry went over there with the stated intent of being "the next
> JFK", as he bragged to many fellow officers. He intentionally and
> unncessarily risked his men in order to build a military resume.

Uh huh.  And the fact he was with these men and a risky decision would
end this foolishness and his chances in the future of being "the next
JFK" never entered his mind, right?

>  He
> then came back, threw away his medals (actually they were someone
> else's medals, but he was still happy to dishonor them), testified
> before congress that he and everyone else there had committed war
> crimes,

Under some definitions it was arguably a criminal war.

>  and was a participant in a VVAW meeting (as a member of the
> executive committee) plebiscite in late 1971 to vote on a plan to
> assassinate pro-war US Senators.

WHAT?   You better have a LOT to back up such an outrageous claim.

-s